Roofs are arguably the most important component of your house, but they can be complicated, especially so if your roof includes a skylight.
Skylights are wonderful, due to the natural light and sunshine in your home, but they can also be problematic without regular upkeep or repair.
At West Side Roofing, skylights are a daily issue for our customers, who often call with leaks that they are unable to find.
Some signs of a leaking skylight include:
• A foggy skylight window, which is a sign of moisture entering in.
• Stains, mold or darkening around the interior trim around the skylight.
• Similar signs of water damage found on the frame of the skylight.
• Interior water damage that has no visible explanation.
• Bubbles in the drywall surrounding the skylight.
There are several options for skylight repair, including patches or new flashing. At West Side Roofing Co. we prefer replacing a leaking skylight, which is the ideal option if it fits in your budget. Replacing the skylight can also give you another 20 years or so of leak-free natural light.
At-home consultations and estimates are free – so visit our website at www.westsideroofing.com or call us at 877-881-7663.