6 Reasons to Invest in a Copper Roof
Many consider copper to be the most beautiful option among metal roofing materials and is the only material that, like fine wine, becomes better as it ages. West Side Roofing is among the few roofing contractors in Ohio who offer copper roofing services.
Here are its unique benefits.
- Copper roofs boost curb appeal – Copper roofs give homes a guaranteed boost in curb appeal, which doesn't diminish over time. This is due to the blue-green patina that develops from oxidization, which begins as soon as the roof is exposed to oxygen. The process can occur in as little as nine months.
- Copper roofs are low-maintenance – While metal roofs are known for having low-maintenance requirements, copper roofs require even less. The development of patina, for instance, may be similar to rust in metal roofs, but it doesn't corrode or weaken the roof; in fact, they don't even require paint or any other kind of coating for protection. A copper roof can remain untouched throughout its lifetime and it would still be in top condition.
- Copper roofs are weather– and impact-resistant – Constant exposure to the elements eventually take its toll on most roofing types, but copper roofing has proven to withstand extreme weather and even impact from debris, hail, and large branches.
- Copper roofs are lightweight – Roof decks will usually need some kind of reinforcement when switching to a heavier roofing material. Copper, however, is lighter than most metals materials use for roofing, and will not require additional reinforcement to the roof deck. This can result in savings on the installation cost.
- Copper roofs are energy-efficient – Copper is a naturally reflective material, even after developing patina. It can reflect sunlight back to the source, reducing the amount of heat absorbed through the attic. The less heat absorbed through the attic, the lower the indoor cooling requirements will be. And that would lead to savings on the energy cost.
- Copper roofs are sustainable – Old copper roofing never ends up in a landfill, as it is mostly recyclable. In fact, new copper roofing contains as much as 75% recycled content. If you're looking into building a green home, you can't go wrong with choosing copper for your roof.
West Side Roofing serves Cleveland, Akron, and Parma, Ohio residents. If you would like to know more about the benefits of copper roofing, call us today at (215) 245-1050 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.